Recipe provided by BUTTER with a side of BREAD.
- ` 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries chopped, reserve cherry juice
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. cherry juice
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and shortening, add sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, cherry juice and eggs. Mix well.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Add chopped cherries and chocolate chips, mix until combined.
- Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350, or until the edges begin to brown slightly. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe