For six weeks each year, Girl Scouts in Arizona participate in the world’s largest girl-led entrepreneurial program: The Girl Scout Cookie Program. This year, the cookie season for the Girl Scouts–Arizona Cactus-Pine Council (GSACPC) will take place until Feb. 28, 2021. As in years past, all proceeds from cookie season will stay local.
GSACPC Cookie Lineup
- Lemon-Ups (introduced in 2020): Crispy lemon cookies baked with inspiring messages. $5
- Thin Mints: Mint flavored with a delicious chocolaty coating. Vegan. $5
- Tagalongs: Layers of peanut butter with a rich, chocolaty coating. $5
- Samoas: Caramel and toasted coconut-covered cookies. $5
- Trefoils: Iconic and delicious shortbread cookies. $5
- Do-si-dos: Crisp and crunchy oatmeal outside and creamy peanut butter inside. $5
- Girl Scout S’mores: Crunchy graham sandwich cookies with creamy chocolate and marshmallowy filling. $6
- Toffee-tastics: Buttery (and gluten-free) cookies with sweet, crunchy golden toffee bits. $6
NEW! Digital Cookie App Opens Early
A new Digital Cookie app is open so girls can take orders from previous customers, friends, and family online. Through this digital selling platform, girls build a custom website, and then they invite friends and family they know to purchase cookies via email marketing, with the option of having cookies delivered via contactless pick-up and drop-off or shipped directly to their home. Girls can also use the Digital Cookie Mobile App to accept credit card payment from customers on-the-go.
NEW! Drive-Thru Booths
Beyond the Digital Cookie offering, local Girl Scout troops will also be coordinating drive-thru booths in 2021, with cashless transactions being strongly requested. The drive-thru booths will be in parking lots that allow for plenty of distancing and space for the girls and their parents. Cars will have the chance to pull to the front of the line, make their orders (masks required to make an order), and have the contactless or near contactless ability to pick up their cookies as they would from a traditional booth.
As permitted and with CDC-recommended guidelines in place, including wearing masks and social distancing, girls will be setting up a temporary “shop” in front of local businesses providing socially distanced options for customers to purchase cookies. Booth locations this year include longtime supporters Fry’s Food Stores, Bashas’ Family of Stores, Walmart, and other retailers and small businesses.
ON HOLD! Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge
Given COVID-19, the beloved Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge will pause in 2021, but plans are already being put into place to make it bigger and better than ever in 2022.
Cookie Finder App
Customers can find cookies nearest them easily by visiting www.girlscoutsaz.org/cookiefinder. It’s simple – enter your zip code and choose from a list of locations nearby. Plus, on Feb. 1, GSUSA be releasing a national cookie link where customers nationwide can purchase cookies directly from local troops by entering their zip code. Cookie orders placed from this direct-ship troop link will be shipped directly to the customer, and cookie proceeds will go directly to that troop.
Where Does Cookie Money Go
Did you know that 100% of GSACPC Cookie proceeds stay local to benefit Girl Scouting in Arizona?
Girl Scout Cookies’ proceeds:
- Help girls fund local Girl Scouts’ Take Action projects for the community and girl-led adventures for troops.
- Fund High Award projects that impact the community, like hosting a camp for youth, donating to those in need and improving community parks. In 2020, many Girl Scouts sewed masks and made care packages to donate to essential workers, including physicians and hospital staff, grocery store staff and first responders.
- Cover the cost of running the Girl Scout Cookie Program, including the costs of cookies, materials, and logistics.
- Help GSACPC provide Girl Scout programs in STEM, the outdoors, life skills, entrepreneurship, camps, and leadership training, to all girls regardless of financial situation.
- Maintain and improve the four local camp properties and the financial assistance that keeps Girl Scouting available and affordable for all girls.
Girl Scout Cookie entrepreneurs also earn rewards on their individual sales. They can choose to receive incentive prizes or “Program Credits” that can be used to help pay for summer camp, membership dues, travel, and other programs and events.