This holiday season, give the gift of a hot tamale to your loved ones. Chef Suny Santana has been hard at work perfecting a tamale recipe for this holiday season. Making traditional Mexican cuisine has always been a way for Suny to highlight both his past and the present culinary techniques at his taqueria, Taco Chelo – a business partnership between him, Chef Aaron Chamberlin and artist Gennaro Garcia.
Starting Wednesday, December 5th, customers will be able to order tamales through the entire month of December. Guests can order both individual tamales for $3 each or a dozen for $30.
- Rajas Con Queso (gf), a tamale made with roasted green chile strips and mexican cheeses;
- Pork Green Chile Verde (df) a play on Taco Chelo’s sister-restaurant the Phoenix Public Market Cafe’s
- Pork Green Chile Verde Pot Pie
- a Beef tamale made with a guajillo and pasilla red sauce (gf) (df)
- Pollo tamale made with a green tomatillo sauce (gf) (df).
Guests can pick-up their orders anytime after 2 PM, two days after the order has been placed. Taco Chelo will take orders up to December 29th for a final pick-up date of December 31st.
Orders can be made both in-store or over the phone (602) 368-5316 but must be paid for upon ordering.