Flu season is just around the corner and is most common between October and November. However, some health officials are predicting that the flu may come a little earlier this year and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report the flu shot itself is only 50 percent effective. This is why Rejuvena Health & Aesthetics offers many healthy and natural alternatives to avoid getting sick.
We recommend that everyone first consult with their physician to decide if the flu shot is the best choice for them.
- Vitamin D: The sun can give us much-needed vitamin D, but believe it or not, many of us here in the “Valley of the Sun” are still deficient. If you get sick often, have your doctor check for vitamin D deficiency. Make sure your multivitamin also includes vitamin D, especially this time of year.
- De-Stress: Flu season is unfortunately also the most stressful time of year for a lot of us, which can be a big drain on your immune system. Make sure to check your anxiety and stress levels while you’re running around for the holidays.
- Vitamin C IV Drips: These drips with high dose Vitamin C and other virus-battling ingredients give your body a boost in your fight against the flu. Added bonus, close your eyes and relax while you let the drip do the work. Less stress helps our bodies fight off sickness too.
- Ozone Therapy IV Drips: This treatment helps to reduce chemical stress through medical ozone and oxygen to stimulate the production of superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase, two powerful enzymes that protect us from free radical damage and oxidative stress.
- UV Light Therapy: Light therapyis another way to help kill the flu virus and prevent it from taking hold.
- Black Elderberry: This immune-supporting herbal supplement can help you recover faster, and it tastes good too!
- Eat: With cooler temperatures and lots of holiday parties, many of us can admit to eating worse this time of year. Be sure to limit your sugar intake and eat your greens as possible to arm your body with the nutrients it needs.
- Drink: It may not be scorching hot anymore, but that doesn’t mean you can ease up on your water intake! Keep your body hydrated at all times to keep it performing at its best.
- Sleep: Sleep deprivation can lead to a weakened immune system. Make sure to catch up on your sleep.
By: Dr. Suneil Jain, Rejuvena Health & Aesthetics
Dr. Suneil Jain, NMD is a naturopathic physician and the founder/owner of Rejuvena Health & Aesthetics. Rejuvena is located in North Scottsdale and is one of the leading practices in the United States specializing in wellness and healthy aging. Dr. Jain bridges the traditional tenets of naturopathic medicine with modern advances in aesthetic medicine to provide his patients with a comprehensive plan to begin their rejuvenation and take responsibility of their health.