It’s coming! The new Great Wolf Lodge Arizona is just months away from opening. Imagine careening down water slides, bouncing in the surf, gathering underneath a giant bucket as a thousand gallons of water prepares to pour down.. just some of fun that families will experience inside the 85,000 square-foot indoor waterpark. With the temperature set to a cozy 84-degrees year-round, the indoor water park facility will offer weather proof family fun for every age and excitement levels.
Great Wolf Lodge recently released the first details about the waterpark and the slides and attractions that will be offered inside the nearly two acres of water-fun at Great Wolf Lodge Arizona. The line-up of waterpark experiences includes:
- Talking Stick Treehouse: Great Wolf Lodge’s signature, multi-level water play structure featuring suspension bridges, slides, spray stations and other water elements. Atop of Talking Stick Treehouse sits a massive, 1,000-gallon tipping bucket that pours out every three-to-four minutes, to the glee of the guests waiting below.
- Wolf Tail: A thrill-seekers delight. Guests step into a launch pod and listen to the rhythmic sound of a heartbeat as they wait for the floor to drop out from underneath.
- Howlin’ Tornado: An exhilarating family raft-ride that sends guests down a steep 15-foot drop and into a massive funnel.
- Alberta Falls: This one or two-person tube slide features drops, chutes and serpentine 180-degree and 360-degree banked curves. It’s the perfect slide for parents and kids to enjoy together.
- River Canyon Run: A rollicking family raft ride that sends up to four riders on a white-water adventure down one of the park’s longest slides.
- Slap Tail Pond: A family favorite. The audio cue of a howling wolf brings this gigantic wave pool to life with waves reaching up to three feet in height.
- Crooked Creek: A reprieve from the more active attractions in the waterpark, guests can relax and float on tubes down this winding lazy river located in the middle of the
- Chinook Cove: Our activity pool featuring basketball hoops, floating obstacles and other more action- oriented elements for children.
- Big Foot Pass: Unique water obstacle challenge where kids and adults alike balance on floating logs and lily pads while traversing the pool.
- Whooping Hollow: A special section of the waterpark designed exclusively for toddlers and younger guests. This play pool is filled with perfectly sized water slides featuring gentle slopes and tiny turns, making them the go-to attractions for the “under 42 inches” set.
The resort will also feature an oversized outdoor resort pool so families can take advantage of the favorable Arizona weather. Near the outdoor pool, Great Wolf Lodge will offer an adult-only oasis with relaxing chaise lounge chairs and a private hot tub for parents to enjoy.
An overnight stay at Great Wolf Lodge Arizona includes two days of indoor water park enjoyment – with access starting after 1pm on check-in day and the ability to stay until park close on the day of check-out. Standard rates start at $179.99 per night.
Guests and can book by visiting greatwolf.com or by calling 1-888-960-WOLF (9653). Great Wolf Lodge Arizona is scheduled to open on Oct. 17,2019.