It’s that time of year again.. time for the annual Girl Scout Cookie Program. From Jan. 21 – March 3, more than 11,000 girls in central and northern Arizona will be selling cookies, learning entrepreneurial skills.
“It is important to understand that Girl Scout Cookies are about far more than just money and sweet treats,” says Tamara Woodbury, CEO Girl Scouts–Arizona Cactus-Pine Council (GSACPC). “The cookie program is one of the most effective financial literacy programs in the world, developing girls’ skills in five key areas: goal setting; decision making; money management; people skills; and business ethics.”
Girl Scouts–Arizona Cactus-Pine Council sold 2.9 million packages of cookies last year. This year’s goal is 3 million packages.
The Cookie Lineup
- Thin Mints: Mint flavored (and vegan) cookies with a delicious chocolaty coating. $5
- Tagalongs: Layers of peanut butter with a rich, chocolaty coating. $5
- Samoas: Caramel and toasted coconut-covered cookies. $5
- Trefoils: Iconic and delicious shortbread cookies. $5
- Do-si-dos: Crisp and crunchy oatmeal outside and creamy peanut butter inside. $5
- Savannah Smiles: Zesty, lemon-flavored cookies dusted with powdered sugar. $5
- Girl Scout S’mores: Crunchy graham sandwich cookies with creamy chocolate and marshmallowy filling. $6
- Toffee-tastics: Buttery (and gluten-free) cookies with sweet, crunchy golden toffee bits. $6
- The new gluten-free Caramel Chocolate Chip cookie will not be available in Arizona. Since 2014, GSACPC has been offering the equally delicious and gluten-free cookie, Toffee-tastic! A buttery cookie packed with golden toffee bits bursting with flavor.
- Toffee-tastics will sell for $6.00 a box but will only be available in limited quantities.
Girls will be setting up a temporary “shop” in front of local businesses and sometimes other locations like sporting events, church and community events selling cookies. Partner booth locations this year include: Fry’s Marketplace, Safeway, Bashas’ Family of Stores (including AJ’s, Food City and Diné Market on the Navajo Nation), Joann Fabric and Craft Stores, Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club, Goodwill, ASU and GCU.
The Cookie Finder app
Visit girlscoutsaz.org/cookiefinder and use the Girl Scout Cookie Finder to find a cookie booth near you. It’s simple – just enter your zip code and choose from a list of locations nearby. If you want cookie finder access on-the-go download the free Girl Scout Cookie Finder app.
The Girl Scout Cookie Program goes beyond the booth with Digital Cookie.
Digital Cookie helps take the five essential life skills girls learn through the traditional cookie program to a whole new level—introducing lessons about online marketing, application use, and ecommerce to Girl Scouts, through building their own cookie website and managing their virtual sales.
In addition, girls can use the Digital Cookie Mobile App to accept mobile payments.