From private charters to ski boat rentals and paddleboard yoga, Scorpion Bay at Lake Pleasant has plenty to keep families cool this summer. Plus the newly expanded Scorpion Bay Grill offers delicious fresh food and drinks after a day of adventure. Located at 10970 Peninsula Blvd. in Morristown, Arizona, here’s five ways to stay cool at Scorpion Bay.
Enjoy Lake Pleasant in a kayak, pontoon boat, luxury event boat, or ski boat and tube. All safety gear is provided no matter the craft you choose. Reservations are highly recommended for all rentals.
- Kayak rates: $25 – $75 depending on length of time.
- Pontoon Boat rates: Available in 24’, 23’ and 20’ sizes, with prices from $95 -$570, depending on boat and length of time.
- Event Boat rentals: Event boats come with a captain and crew, bar and refrigerator, deluxe sound system that easily connects to Bluetooth or iPhone, full size bathroom and seating for 42-passengers, plus full catering and a bartender should you desire. http://www.scorpionbayaz.com/rentals/private-charter/
- Sport boat rentals: Pull water toys, such as a water tube for a hourly, full or half day on the lake in two different sport boat models. Sport boats rent from $95 to $625 depending on boat and length of time. Tubes range from $25-$40 hourly.
Desert Lotus at Scorpion Bay offers a variety of paddleboard yoga classes for all levels of fitness.
SUP Yoga Class: $45, includes: Paddleboard, Paddle, PFD, Class, and pictures.
Glow Tour: $50
Yoga at Sunset: $50
Family Yoga: $38
Email email@example.com, call 623-826-6927 or visit their website.
- Visit the Parks and Recreation Discovery Center at Lake Pleasant
A trip to Lake Pleasant is not complete without stopping at the Discovery Center. You’ll learn about the natives settlers, plus the trials and tribulations of dams and the people behind the massive project. The Discovery Center is about 5 miles south of Scorpion Bay Marina.
- Fishing with Hook Up Tackle Outfittersor Reel Em’ In Adventures.
Experience fishing on Lake Pleasant with Hook Up Tackle Outfitters, Reel Em In Adventuresor another great local outfitter. Learn more about classes,fishing gear rental pricesand trips and packages. Hook Up Tackle Outfitters is a full-service fly shop, renting rods, reels, bait, and accessories, and Reel Em In Adventures is known for taking guests straight to the “honey hole.”
- Rent a Jet Ski or Paddleboard at Scorpion Bay
Pleasant Water Sports has two rental locations, one at Scorpion Bay and one at the 10-Lane Boat Ramp. Rent a Yamaha EX jet ski with capacity for up to two people and enough power to pull a wakeboard.
Jet Ski Rentals are $120 to $460 depending on length of rental (does not include tax and gas). Pleasant Water Sports also rents paddleboards, pedal boats and mountain bikes.
Call: (602) 714-7478
With so many ways to beat the heat, you’ll probably want to spend more than just one day at Scorpion Bay at Lake Pleasant! Learn more at http://www.scorpionbayaz.com/
By: Heather Miles Austin
Heather Austin is an 18-year industry expert and currently leads Public Relations for Wet ‘n’ Wild Phoenix in conjunction with the Marketing Director. As long-time parents and community members, their priority is making a positive impact on local families and park guests through special events, program and partnerships. Non-profits looking to partner may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.