By: Tisha Morgan
Are you a busy mom like I am? Do you struggle with not only finding time to cook for your family, but also finding something that’s healthy? Then we are in the same boat! The more educated I become on finding healthy options for my family, the more changes I want to make. I am excited to share our journey, experiences and favorite recipes with you on a regular basis, so we can grow our families healthy together.
Here are a few healthy meal options that the whole family is sure to love.
Easy/No-Bake Protein Bars
2 cups organic peanut butter
1 ¾ cups honey or agave nectar
2 ¼ cups protein shake mix powder-chocolate or vanilla* (Arbonne Plant-Based Protein Recommended)
3 cups rolled oats*can use Gluten Free oats
1. Mix peanut butter and honey in a microwaveable bowl
2. Heat for 60–90 seconds. Mix well
3. Add protein shake mix powder and mix well
4. Add rolled oats and mix gently
5. Spread in a 9×13 pan.
6. Refrigerate 1 hour
7. Cut into 24 squares
Black Bean, Avocado & Chicken Wrap
1/4 avocado, mashed with fork
1/4 cup salsa
2 oz. roasted or baked chicken breast, chopped
1/4 cup low-sodium canned black beans, rinsed, drained and lightly mashed with fork
2 small (6-inch) whole-wheat flour tortilla
1. Mix salsa with mashed avocado
2. Scoop avocado mixture onto center of tortilla from one end to the other. Add layer of beans and chicken on top.
3. Tightly roll up tortilla to enclose filling
Makes 2 wraps
1 cup cauliflower, grated
1/2 cup shredded light mozarella cheese
1 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. basil
2 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. fennel
Garlic powder, to taste
1. Chop pepper, onion and tomato. Set aside.
2. Steam the cauliflower, let it cool and then grate it.
3. Combine grated cauliflower with the mozzarella and egg in a large bowl.
4. Spray a circular or rectangular metal pan with cooking spray before spreading the dough evenly.
5. Sprinkle the dough with fennel, oregano, parsley and basil. Add garlic powder.
Bake at 450° F for 12-15 minutes. Remove the dough from the oven and sprinkle with your favorite toppings, as well as the remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Return the pizza to the oven. Turn the heat up to broil and leave in until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy.
Tisha Morgan is a health coach helping individuals and families switch out their everyday toxic products for a more healthy/clean alternative. She is currently in the process of obtaining her Health Coach License. Tisha lives in the Norterra area with her husband and two daughters. For additional information on living a health/clean alternative, she can be contacted at Tam0828@hotmail.com.