As a parent, it seems like the year goes by in the blink of an eye. Weren’t we just planning summer vacation? Now it’s practically Christmas! For most families, November is the start of the holiday season and all the hustle and bustle that accompanies it. If you are searching for some fun and memorable activities for the whole family to enjoy this season, visit the Outlets at Anthem to see its brand new “Lights Up Nightly, Sound and Color Spectacular!”
For 18 consecutive years, the shopping center in north Phoenix has been home to the state’s tallest fresh-cut Christmas tree. This year’s beauty stands 80-feet tall, 22-feet wide and will weigh close to four tons when completely decorated. The spectacular white fir is adorned with more than 5,000 ornaments and bows, 80 strands of LED lights that stretch more than a mile and a half, and a three-foot copper star at the top.
The official lighting event will take place Saturday, Nov. 16 at 5 p.m. where Javier Soto, from 3TV, and Santa will flip the switch to illuminate the magnificent tree. The night of festivities will also include a performance from the Musical Theater of Anthem and real-life drummers, sugarplum fairies and toy soldiers. In addition to the ceremonial tree lighting, guests can enjoy a full day of spectacular holiday fun from 12 to 5 p.m. including face painting, photos with Santa, a petting zoo, meet and greets with Elsa and Anna, Olaf and the Grinch. There will also be family photo opportunities and train rides.
New this year, the Outlets at Anthem are introducing the Lights Up Nightly, Sound and Color Spectacular. Every night, throughout the holiday season, the center will feature a magical, interactive light display set to music that will take place outside the food court each night at 5, 6 and 7 p.m.
Shoppers should also mark their calendar for other holly jolly events at Outlets at Anthem, including:
- Moonlight Madness Shopping Event– Thanksgiving evening starting at 8 p.m. featuring a DJ, prize giveaways and the deepest discounts of the year!
- Santa’s Cottage– Open to the public Nov. 16–Dec. 24. Check outletsanthem.com for photos with Santa times and reservation opportunities.
- Breakfast with Santa– Dec. 7 from 8:30–10 a.m. Tickets are $5 and include a delicious breakfast and fun with the jolly man himself! The event is sponsored by Republic Services.
- Sensitive Santa – Sunday, Dec. 8 from 9–11 a.m., this event provides a sensory-friendly opportunity for special needs families to visit Santa (in partnership with Autism Speaks.)
- Santa Paws– Stop by Dec. 2 and Dec. 3 for photos of your beloved pet with Santa.
Outlets at Anthem is located in Phoenix off the I-17, just 15 minutes north of the Loop 101. For more information about all the holiday festivities, visit www.outletsanthem.com or www.facebook.com/OutletsatAnthem.